Does Facebook have a future?
- Will Facebook continue growing? Or on the contrary, will it decay? Will people from the future still use Facebook or will they use another social networking? There are some people who put in doubt if Facebook will continue growing. Graham Cluley, (a senior technology consultant at Sophos), after analyzing a recent poll that was conducted by Abingdon, U.K.-based Sophos, confesses on his post that “faults in the privacy settings will lead people to remove themselves from Facebook”. In this poll they interviewed 1,600 Facebook users in order to know if people will remove away from Facebook due to privacy issues, as it can be seen in the picture. He also adds: “Some people may simply reduce the amount of data that they publish on the site rather than quit”.
Nevertheless, most of the experts agree that Facebook will continue growing and that it will become a very popular tool, more than even Google or MySpace. According to Adam Rifkin, a Silicon Valley veteran who organizes a networking group for entrepreneurial engineers called 106 Miles, “Facebook will be bigger in five years than Google is right now”. He wrote on his post that Facebook has already more page views than Google has and people already spend more time on Facebook than in Google, so with “bigger” he refers to the annual revenues. He suggests that Facebook’s annual revenues could double in 5 years.
John D. Sutter, CNN.com writer/producer, wrote on his post, that “Facebook is trying to turn the web into a big cocktail party” and he also wrote that Alain Chuard, co-founder of Wildfire, a promotions app and website that piggybacks on Facebook’s infrastructure, believes that Facebook will dominate the future web and he maintains that “Facebook it’s going to become the plumbing of the web”.
This is what experts say about it, but we can not certainly know what will happen with Facebook, we will have to wait and see what happens.
- Adam Rifkin: How Facebook can become bigger in five years than Google is today, (Oct 2, 2010) Consultation date: November 10, 2010 from <http://techcrunch.com/2010/10/02/facebook-bigger-google/>
- John D. Sutter, Will Facebook dominate the future web?, (April 22, 2010) Consultation date: November 10, 2010 from <http://scitech.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/22/will-facebook-dominate-the-future-web/>
- Graham Culey: 6o%of Facebook users consider quitting over privacy, (May 19 , 2010) Consultation date: November 10, 2010 from <http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2010/05/19/60-facebook-users-quitting-privacy/>
- Picture taken from: <http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2010/05/19/60-facebook-users-quitting-privacy/>
- Economy (16)
- Humanities (233)
- Languages (85)
- Online searchers (4)
- Uncategorized (114)
- Web Communication (344)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- #Webcast "La Sinergia Perfecta entre TI y las Áreas de Negocio" cc #wcim1415 March 14, 2015#Webcast "La Sinergia Perfecta entre TI y las Áreas de Negocio" cc #wcim1415Webcast "La Sinergia Perfecta entre TI y las Áreas de Negocio"En los últimos años el departamento de Tecnología de la Información ha sufrido una gran transformación, de ser visto como proveedor de hardware o...
- Blog - How to host a great #webcast. - http://bit.ly/WebCstBlg cc #wcim1415 March 14, 2015Blog - How to host a great #webcast. - http://bit.ly/WebCstBlg cc #wcim1415Timeline Photos#Blog - How to host a great #webcast. - http://bit.ly/WebCstBlg
- The Library of Congress is your library #webcast cc #wcim1415 March 14, 2015The Library of Congress is your library #webcast cc #wcim1415The Library of Congress Is Your Library Webcast | Library of Congresswww.loc.govThe Library of Congress
- The brilliant movement of the 12th centuty: Gothic art
- "Clockwork Orange": Kubrick's full of surprises
- Harvard University´s Web Communication Plan
- La literatura de viajes a través de los tiempos
- LAS GUERRAS CARLISTAS ¿PUGNA DINÁSTICA O ALGO MÁS?
- Trendsetter Blogs
- USSR vs USA: competition for supremacy in space exploration
- Nora Roberts official website as a reference
- Keep playing that computer game?
- May 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (2)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (95)
- November 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (15)
- May 2012 (124)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (38)
- February 2012 (7)
- December 2011 (93)
- November 2011 (85)
- July 2011 (10)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (10)
- December 2010 (132)
- November 2010 (37)
- October 2010 (1)
- 139,948 hits