Does Facebook have a future?
- Will Facebook continue growing? Or on the contrary, will it decay? Will people from the future still use Facebook or will they use another social networking? There are some people who put in doubt if Facebook will continue growing. Graham Cluley, (a senior technology consultant at Sophos), after analyzing a recent poll that was conducted by Abingdon, U.K.-based Sophos, confesses on his post that “faults in the privacy settings will lead people to remove themselves from Facebook”. In this poll they interviewed 1,600 Facebook users in order to know if people will remove away from Facebook due to privacy issues, as it can be seen in the picture. He also adds: “Some people may simply reduce the amount of data that they publish on the site rather than quit”.
Nevertheless, most of the experts agree that Facebook will continue growing and that it will become a very popular tool, more than even Google or MySpace. According to Adam Rifkin, a Silicon Valley veteran who organizes a networking group for entrepreneurial engineers called 106 Miles, “Facebook will be bigger in five years than Google is right now”. He wrote on his post that Facebook has already more page views than Google has and people already spend more time on Facebook than in Google, so with “bigger” he refers to the annual revenues. He suggests that Facebook’s annual revenues could double in 5 years.
John D. Sutter, CNN.com writer/producer, wrote on his post, that “Facebook is trying to turn the web into a big cocktail party” and he also wrote that Alain Chuard, co-founder of Wildfire, a promotions app and website that piggybacks on Facebook’s infrastructure, believes that Facebook will dominate the future web and he maintains that “Facebook it’s going to become the plumbing of the web”.
This is what experts say about it, but we can not certainly know what will happen with Facebook, we will have to wait and see what happens.
- Adam Rifkin: How Facebook can become bigger in five years than Google is today, (Oct 2, 2010) Consultation date: November 10, 2010 from <http://techcrunch.com/2010/10/02/facebook-bigger-google/>
- John D. Sutter, Will Facebook dominate the future web?, (April 22, 2010) Consultation date: November 10, 2010 from <http://scitech.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/22/will-facebook-dominate-the-future-web/>
- Graham Culey: 6o%of Facebook users consider quitting over privacy, (May 19 , 2010) Consultation date: November 10, 2010 from <http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2010/05/19/60-facebook-users-quitting-privacy/>
- Picture taken from: <http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2010/05/19/60-facebook-users-quitting-privacy/>
- Economy (16)
- Humanities (233)
- Languages (85)
- Online searchers (4)
- Uncategorized (114)
- Web Communication (344)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Will a new Chrome extension transform how we email for ever? #wcim1415 February 6, 2015Will a new Chrome extension transform how we email for ever? #wcim1415Chrome Extension Will Transform How You Email Foreverwww.GetSignals.comIf you spend any of your day using Gmail or Outlook, this new FREE tool will be your secret weapon.
- "Lo nunca visto los alumnos atendiendo" Felix Moreno San Jose #wcim1415 December 3, 2014"Lo nunca visto los alumnos atendiendo" Felix Moreno San Jose #wcim1415Timeline PhotosVitoria-Gasteiz, colegio Samaniego. Autor: ARQUÉ, 1956. ©ArchivoMunicipalVitoriaGasteiz
- Viral videos help promote a mission, such as our congenital love for #music cc #... November 13, 2014Viral videos help promote a mission, such as our congenital love for #music cc #wcim1415EL PODER DE LA MUSICAINCREIBLE!!! este es el mayor ejemplo del poder de la musica. Tienen que verlo
- Web communication plan: BBVA : Empresa líder en las redes sociales
- Sare sozialak: hautabidea ala arazoa?
- DANZAS VASCAS
- CLIL: Content and Language Integrated Learning
- Monsters of the Sea
- "Clockwork Orange": Kubrick's full of surprises
- Bioclimatic Architecture
- Euskararen Herri Hizkeren Atlasa (EHHA)
- La literatura de viajes a través de los tiempos
- May 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (2)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (95)
- November 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (15)
- May 2012 (124)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (38)
- February 2012 (7)
- December 2011 (93)
- November 2011 (85)
- July 2011 (10)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (10)
- December 2010 (132)
- November 2010 (37)
- October 2010 (1)
- 138,107 hits