What is the difference between networks, groups and pages?
Zuckerberg said that Facebook Groups
has been one of our fastest growing products ever”
But what is the main difference between networks, groups and pages?
We can compare networks wit h big cities because many different peopl e can live in it, however, the only thing that these inhabitants have in common is the supposed “city”
In the second place the groups are formed by people wh o h ad things in common, they take part in these groups to share they’re interests with people with the same interests. In this virtual area members connect, share, collaborate on a given topic or idea.Facebook groups can be created by anyone. They include a display picture, description, contact informa tion, photo and video albums, “Posted Items,” discu ssion board and a “Wall.”
Finally pages can also be created by ANYONE, but if you go on to create your “Brock University” Facebook Page and you find out that someone else already has created a page called “Brock University,” Facebook promises to determine who actually represents the institution and delete all other pages that are not official.The aim of a page is to share information they do not have an “Email” field, Facebook users therefore have no pathway to communicate privately with the emissary. They can post public discussion threads, or post on the Wall — but they cannot send private messages directly to the institution. Facebook Groups, on the other hand, do include a hyperlinked email field. However, is useful for entities, public figures, companies and organizations to broadcast information to their fans.
Summing up their all are good alternative tools to emails for web communication but the aim of each one is different .
- Facebook Group vs Facebook Page(2010,August 23) In Diffen: Compare, contrast and find the difference between any two things. Retrieved:27 september 2010. From: http://www.diffen.com/difference/Facebook_Group_vs_Facebook_Page
- Facebook Finally Welcomes Schools, Bands And Companies (2008,03,20). In Academica group inc:Innovation for Higher Education. Retrieved, September 28, 2010, from: http://www.academica.ca/social_media
- Zuckerberg: Facebook Groups Is One of Our Fastest Growing Products(2010/11/16)Oliver Chiang. In Forbes blog.Retrieved, November 19, 2010, from:http://blogs.forbes.com/oliverchiang/2010/11/16/zuckerberg-facebook-groups-is-one-of-our-fastest-growing-products/
- Economy (16)
- Humanities (233)
- Languages (85)
- Online searchers (4)
- Uncategorized (114)
- Web Communication (344)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Don't like @Linkis.com and I'm going to disable it for the second time on my Twi... April 26, 2015Don't like @Linkis.com and I'm going to disable it for the second time on my Twiter account as https://www.facebook.com/Linkiscom/posts/578225835578092https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-xpt1/v/t1.0-1/p100x100/11150921_634635540014443_8999078446786415158_n.jpg?oh=2b6856bb7d867f810c27e1d3afd9ecb3&oe=55F05043&__gda__=1438601534_4 […]
- #Webcast "La Sinergia Perfecta entre TI y las Áreas de Negocio" cc #wcim1415 March 14, 2015#Webcast "La Sinergia Perfecta entre TI y las Áreas de Negocio" cc #wcim1415Webcast "La Sinergia Perfecta entre TI y las Áreas de Negocio"En los últimos años el departamento de Tecnología de la Información ha sufrido una gran transformación, de ser visto como proveedor de hardware o...
- Blog - How to host a great #webcast. - http://bit.ly/WebCstBlg cc #wcim1415 March 14, 2015Blog - How to host a great #webcast. - http://bit.ly/WebCstBlg cc #wcim1415Timeline Photos#Blog - How to host a great #webcast. - http://bit.ly/WebCstBlg
- El imperio persa
- La literatura de viajes a través de los tiempos
- Negative effects of technology
- Ruth Lea: Dos formas de entender el multiculturalismo
- Sare sozialak eta hauen arriskuak
- Ancient Egypt World
- Basque Mythology
- Mi asignatura de elección: Le français, Voltaire.
- USSR vs USA: competition for supremacy in space exploration
- May 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (2)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (95)
- November 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (15)
- May 2012 (124)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (38)
- February 2012 (7)
- December 2011 (93)
- November 2011 (85)
- July 2011 (10)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (10)
- December 2010 (132)
- November 2010 (37)
- October 2010 (1)
- 143,984 hits