The intellectual it’s an bidimensional character, that only exists and subsist as such if (and only if) it’s invested by an specific authority, conferred by an autonomous intellectual world (that is to say, independent from the religious, political and economic powers) whose specific laws he respects, and if(and only if) involves that specific authority in political struggles. (Pierre Bordieu, “Pour un corporatisme de l’universel”).
Zola carried out this definition. Above all, his novels stand on the necessity of reflecting the society with any reserve, and his revolutionary attitude of involving so much on literature as in the social reality, made him become on an example of a committed writer. Read more…
“Our evidence suggests that social media carried a cascade of messages about freedom and democracy across North Africa and the Middle East, and helped raise expectations for the success of political uprising,” (Philip Howard, University of Washington).
It all began at the end of 2010, today it will be a year since the first revolutionary march took place, and nobody can state which will be the next movement. Read more…
The British musician Noel Gallagher is not fond of virtual worlds. This statement could already be done while he was still in Oasis, after hearing him say that he had never used a computer. But as every businessman he is aware that nowadays, the net is the way to keep going his projects, in this case his two recent albums. Some months ago, due to the presentation of his first solo album “High Flying Birds”, he developed a complete web communication plan, maintained by his employees at this record company Sour Smash Records.
In his own marketing promotion we find that he has not only have an own webpage, but he also has a Facebook account, a Twitter account, some Youtube accounts, some blogs and a Myspace account. Taking into account a interview with Britain’s Daily Mirror, where Noel gives his opinion of the use of social networks by celebrities, it can be stated that the development of his plan supposed is not his cup of tea:
“I think in this age of information, there is just too much out there. People talk too much, you know, people ‘Tweeting’, ‘On the way to our first recording session, wearing a green jacket and red shoes, it’s going to be great, album due out’, and it’s like, ‘Don’t tell me that.This is the world in which we live unfortunately. But, to me, magic is always better than anything. The not knowing and the anticipation of what you don’t know is just incredible. It must be better than knowing everything about everybody.
As the blogger Adriaan Pienaar sugest on his “Growing My Audience” post, Mr Gallagher uploads almost every day his different sites, just to be more close to his fans, inform them about his new CD’s novelties and further gigs. Pictures of his shows and public engagements or videos are also uploaded every days in his Facebook accounts. Characterized for his sharp tongue, the guitarist of the worldwide-know music rock band Oasis, this time he has decided to treat this new ways of communication courteously.
Together with the anouncement of this web communication plan, Noel Gallagher announced that he had recorded two studio albums , one released the 17th of October and called High Flying Birds, and the other one will be released next year, counting on with the colaboration of Anonymous Androgynous. We’ll have to wait for this second plan, meanwhile we can enjoy of his live performances around Europe or take a look into any of the social networks mentioned before.
Noel Gallagher’s sites:
- Noel Gallagher’s Official Website
- Noel Gallagher’s Official Twitter
- Noel Gallagher’s Official Myspace
- Noel Gallagher’s Official facebook: High Flying Birds
- Noel Gallagher’s Official Facebook
- Sour Smash Records: High Flying Birds
- Noel Gallagher TV
- Noel Gallager VEVO
- Adriaan Pienaar (2011.09.21). Growing My Audience. In Adii.me retrieved 2011.12.05 from http://adii.me/2011/09/growing-my-audience/
- 10 ways to use social networking tools to promote your bussiness, Debra Littlejohn Shinder (2010, August 19th). Retrieved on Nomvember 13th, 2011 from Techrepublic. http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10things/10-ways-to-use-social-networking-tools-to-promote-your-business/1760
- Noel Gallagher anuncia nuevo disco solista y gira mundial. Terra (2011, July 6th)- Retrieved on November 13th, 2011. http://entretenimiento.terra.com.pe/musica/noel-gallagher-anuncia-primer-disco-solista-y-gira-mundial,2806f69d3dff0310VgnVCM10000098f154d0RCRD.html
- 5 Free ways to promote your website, Gary Reichel(2009, May 21st) Retrieved on November 13th, 2011 from Makeuseof Webpage. http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-free-ways-to-promote-your-website/
- Economy (16)
- Humanities (233)
- Languages (85)
- Online searchers (4)
- Uncategorized (114)
- Web Communication (344)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- No es de extrañar que Suecia prohíba el uso de Google Apps en el sector público June 14, 2013No es de extrañar que Suecia prohíba el uso de Google Apps en el sector públicoSuecia prohibe el uso de Google Apps en el sector público - ComputerHoy.comcomputerhoy.comEl gobierno sueco ha decidido que prohibe el uso de productos de Google por parte de entes públicos, aduciendo fallas en la protección de la privacidad.
- #diaHD Judson Harward: “Engineering the Digital Humanities” Sala de Conferencias... May 28, 2013#diaHD Judson Harward: “Engineering the Digital Humanities” Sala de Conferencias 30.05.2013 12h @deustoTimeline PhotosEste jueves, 30 de mayo, tendremos en el campus de Bilbao al prestigioso investigador V. Judson Harward, proveniente de la Universidad de Harvard y que ha pasado también por el MIT, que impartirá la conferencia “Engineering the Digital Humani […]
- Philosopher Daniel Dennett presents seven tools for critical thinking http://cul... May 21, 2013Philosopher Daniel Dennett presents seven tools for critical thinking http://cultr.me/1910lHdPhilosopher Daniel Dennett Presents Seven Tools For Critical Thinkingwww.openculture.comLove him or hate him, many of our readers may know enough about Daniel C. Dennett to have formed some opinion of his work. While Dennett can be a soft-spoken, jovial presence, he […]
- May 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (2)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (95)
- November 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (15)
- May 2012 (124)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (38)
- February 2012 (7)
- December 2011 (93)
- November 2011 (85)
- July 2011 (10)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (10)
- December 2010 (132)
- November 2010 (37)
- October 2010 (1)
- 95,754 hits