According to wikipedia Knowledge management (KM) comprises a range of strategies and practices used in an organization to identify, create, represent, distribute, and enable adoption of insights and experiences. Such insights and experiences comprise knowledge, either embodied in individuals or embedded in organizations as processes or practices.
Bellinger, Gene says:
The value of Knowledge Management relates directly to the effectiveness with which the managed knowledge enables the members of the organization to deal with today’s situations and effectively envision and create their future.
There are some related topics to Knowledge Management as:
- Knowledge community
- Knowledge ecosystem
- Knowledge Management Software
As AIAI says these are Knowledge Management Frameworks:
The knowledge management framework we use was originally based on work by van der Spek and de Hoog. It covers
- identifying what knowledge assets a company possesses
- Where is the knowledge asset?
- What does it contain?
- What is its use?
- What form is it in?
- How accessible is it?
- analysing how the knowledge can add value
- What are the opportunities for using the knowledge asset?
- What would be the effect of its use?
- What are the current obstacles to its use?
- What would be its increased value to the company?
- specifying what actions are necessary to achieve better usability & added value
- How to plan the actions to use the knowledge asset?
- How to enact actions?
- How to monitor actions?
- reviewing the use of the knowledge to ensure added value
- Did the use of it produce the desired added value?
- How can the knowledge asset be maintained for this use?
- Knowledge management. (2012, May 5). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 21:35, May 8, 2012, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Knowledge_management&oldid=490802538
- Kowledge Management- Emerging Perspectives, Gene Bellinger http://www.systems-thinking.org/kmgmt/kmgmt.htm
- AIAI Knowledge Management. Retrieved on May 17, 2012 http://www.aiai.ed.ac.uk/~alm/kamlnks.html
My group and I have chosen Algortako Portu Zaharra to do our wikipedia article because it is a place we know and like.
Algortako Portu Zaharra is a fishermen neigbourhood located in a town of Biscay called Algorta as its name says. This neighbourhood was founded in the XVIIIth century due to the fact that the “farmhouses” were beeing built up and up through slope.
The neighbourhood is built around three main streets: Kale Barria, Erribera and Portu Zaharra. And it is connected to the center of the town thanks to other two streets: Aretxondo and Karitate streets. Read more…
The Internet was an strange fact when it started in the 1960s. But it is difficult to imagine the 21st century without Internet. But I think to myself: is the Internet so important for our everyday’s life? Is it an advantage or a disadvantage ? Which is the impact it has on us? Read more…
Thailand as it is one of the most exotic places in the world because of it’s beaches, the climate and different cultures. As it has religions, cultures and languages very different to those we have in Spain it becomes a very striking place to visit for us.
It is a country located at the centre of the Indochina peninsula and Southeast Asia. This country is bordered in the north by Burma and Laos, in the east by Laos and Cambodia, in the south by by the Gulf of Thailand and Malaysia, and in the west by the Andaman Sea. Thailand’s capital is Bangkok which is also the country’s political, cultural, commercial and industrial center. It’s most important religion is the Buddhism. As Thailand is a big country, we can find a huge diversity in languages, religions and cultures; what we call multiculturalism. Read more…
Anne Frank is one of the most famous Jewish victims of the Holocaust because of the diary she kept during her time in hiding before being captured by the Nazis. She died when she was very young due to the fact that she was captured after being two years hidden with her family in Amsterdam. During her this period she wrote the famous diary with all her sensations, thinkings and the events that were happening at the moment. Many experts have analyzed the diary to get more information about the Holocaust and how did Jewish people felt. Some of them have reached the conclusion diary is a fraud.
There have been many publications about the diary because of its relevance in our society and because the impact it had the fact that people could really know what happened and not only which the most important forces said. Millions of people have read it and many experts have talked and write about it for years. But it is really a fraud?
This is what the Instiute for Historical Review tell us:
Is The Diary of Anne Frank genuine? For two years that question was included in the official syllabus “Text and Document Criticism,” a seminar reserved for degreed students in their fourth year. The conclusion of my studies and research is that The Diary of Anne Frank is a fraud. Read more…