Rip Curl (advertising through social networks)
James E. Rauch asserts that current new transportation and communications technologies allow the smallest firm to build partnerships with foreign producers and advertised themselves around the world. As for social marketing everyone’s talking about Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Blogging. But why are these websites important for business owners? Social Media Marketing is popular because it promotes dialogue and allows consumers to share experiences with others. Rip Curl is one of these companies that uses social networks, web pages and microblooging to advertise its company, products, events, etc.
The following information has been taken for my report about Rip Curl’s strategy on business.
I’ve focused in social networks as Facebook and Linkedin, their own website, Twitter and Youtube. Internet is used by a lot of people, and, of course, it is also used for companies such as Rip Curl to bring their products into the market.
Some of the most used social networks in marketing are:
- Facebook: 71%
- Twitter: 59%
- Blogger: 50%
As Tony Bradley claims that despite users’ privacy concerns, Facebook still has more than half a billion users. The beauty of using Facebook as a marketing tool comes from the endless ways in which you can advertise your business for free. Rip Curl publish some fotos and surf videos, also they advertise surf competitions. Rip Curl manufactures quality surf, snow, skate, wake, street and beach products. In Facebook they also refer to the websites where we can find them. In addition, Facebook allows Rip Curl to have a close contact with their consumers.
Rip Curl also has a page in Linkedin, which is used for different people in order to find a job in it.
As for Microblooging, Aliza Sherman says that it is a site that combines the publishing power of blogging with some social networking features like “friends” or “followers”. With Microblogging, such as Twitter, big companies and all people who wants to advertise their products can do it in a fast way and much cheaper than they do it before.
What Youtube concerns, Renee Oricchio state that lots of companies are now using web videos to reach out to current and potential customers. They’re building more personal relationships with their client base and reaping the benefits of this creative indirect marketing strategy. That’s why brands as Rip Curl has their own channel in youtube.
- Tony Bradley, Jul 22, 2010 7:06 pm, PCWorld: Secrets to Using Facebook to Market Your Business; Retrieved: 19 November, 2011 http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/201656/secrets_to_using_facebook_to_market_your_business.html
- Aliza Sherman, February 18, 2009, Microblogs for Marketing Episode 1; Retrieved: 22 November, 2011 http://digitalmarketer.quickanddirtytips.com/microblog-for-marketing.aspx
- Renee Oricchio, Posted on August 1, 2008, Marketing Your Business on YouTube; Retrieved: 25 November, 2011 http://technology.inc.com/2008/08/01/marketing-your-business-on-youtube/
- Economy (16)
- Humanities (233)
- Languages (85)
- Online searchers (4)
- Uncategorized (114)
- Web Communication (344)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- @Wuaki.tv Miles de películas y series al mejor precio sin permanencia February 26, 2014@Wuaki.tv Miles de películas y series al mejor precio sin permanenciaWuaki.tvwktv.coTe ofrecemos las mejores películas y series de televisión, estrenos de Hollywood, nacionales, el catálogo más extenso de cine y además, películas gratis. En tu ordenador o directamente en tu tablet, consola o Smart TV.
- This is what Facebook sees when you start a new relationship cc @MarketingSozial February 17, 2014This is what Facebook sees when you start a new relationship cc @MarketingSozialThe nature of online courtship, visualizedon.io9.comFacebook's Data Science team has published a thought provoking post that examines the statistical correlation between couples' timeline posts and their burgeoning relationships.
- El agregador bibliográfico @Dialnet renueva su interfaz de búsqueda January 31, 2014El agregador bibliográfico @Dialnet renueva su interfaz de búsquedaDialnet estrena buscador documental - Dialnetdialnet.unirioja.esLa principal novedad es la introducción de una serie de filtros que permiten al usuario ir acotando su búsqueda inicial hasta encontrar los resultados deseados. Con la implantación de este sistema de búsqueda, que ya funcionaba p […]
- Ancient Egypt World
- Technology- Taking over control of our lives
- "Clockwork Orange": Kubrick's full of surprises
- Multiculturalism in Thailand
- USSR vs USA: competition for supremacy in space exploration
- Semantic Network according to John F. Sowa
- Oriental Music and the 60s
- Francés: Honoré de Balzac y su obra "Eugenia Grandet"
- El imperio persa
- May 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (2)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (95)
- November 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (15)
- May 2012 (124)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (38)
- February 2012 (7)
- December 2011 (93)
- November 2011 (85)
- July 2011 (10)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (10)
- December 2010 (132)
- November 2010 (37)
- October 2010 (1)
- 118,608 hits