Rip Curl (advertising through social networks)
James E. Rauch asserts that current new transportation and communications technologies allow the smallest firm to build partnerships with foreign producers and advertised themselves around the world. As for social marketing everyone’s talking about Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Blogging. But why are these websites important for business owners? Social Media Marketing is popular because it promotes dialogue and allows consumers to share experiences with others. Rip Curl is one of these companies that uses social networks, web pages and microblooging to advertise its company, products, events, etc.
The following information has been taken for my report about Rip Curl’s strategy on business.
I’ve focused in social networks as Facebook and Linkedin, their own website, Twitter and Youtube. Internet is used by a lot of people, and, of course, it is also used for companies such as Rip Curl to bring their products into the market.
Some of the most used social networks in marketing are:
- Facebook: 71%
- Twitter: 59%
- Blogger: 50%
As Tony Bradley claims that despite users’ privacy concerns, Facebook still has more than half a billion users. The beauty of using Facebook as a marketing tool comes from the endless ways in which you can advertise your business for free. Rip Curl publish some fotos and surf videos, also they advertise surf competitions. Rip Curl manufactures quality surf, snow, skate, wake, street and beach products. In Facebook they also refer to the websites where we can find them. In addition, Facebook allows Rip Curl to have a close contact with their consumers.
Rip Curl also has a page in Linkedin, which is used for different people in order to find a job in it.
As for Microblooging, Aliza Sherman says that it is a site that combines the publishing power of blogging with some social networking features like “friends” or “followers”. With Microblogging, such as Twitter, big companies and all people who wants to advertise their products can do it in a fast way and much cheaper than they do it before.
What Youtube concerns, Renee Oricchio state that lots of companies are now using web videos to reach out to current and potential customers. They’re building more personal relationships with their client base and reaping the benefits of this creative indirect marketing strategy. That’s why brands as Rip Curl has their own channel in youtube.
- Tony Bradley, Jul 22, 2010 7:06 pm, PCWorld: Secrets to Using Facebook to Market Your Business; Retrieved: 19 November, 2011 http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/201656/secrets_to_using_facebook_to_market_your_business.html
- Aliza Sherman, February 18, 2009, Microblogs for Marketing Episode 1; Retrieved: 22 November, 2011 http://digitalmarketer.quickanddirtytips.com/microblog-for-marketing.aspx
- Renee Oricchio, Posted on August 1, 2008, Marketing Your Business on YouTube; Retrieved: 25 November, 2011 http://technology.inc.com/2008/08/01/marketing-your-business-on-youtube/
- Economy (16)
- Humanities (233)
- Languages (85)
- Online searchers (4)
- Uncategorized (114)
- Web Communication (344)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Harry Verwayen: Europeana strategic plan Europeana aggregator May 30, 2014Harry Verwayen: Europeana strategic plan Europeana aggregatorEuropeana Strategic Plan Europeana Aggregator Forumwww.slideshare.netHarry Verwayen gives an overview of the strategic plan and ambitions of the Europeana Foundation going forward and the plans up to 2012.
- The German National Library has published all its authority data and around 70 p... May 20, 2014The German National Library has published all its authority data and around 70 per cent of its bibliographic data as #LODThe European Librarywww.theeuropeanlibrary.orgThe European Library is running an awareness campaign to promote LOD innovations in libraries across Europe. This case study is one of a series that highlights achievements of pioneering librar […]
- Cats - walking over your notebook since the 15th century, via Barbara Bordalejo May 17, 2014Cats - walking over your notebook since the 15th century, via Barbara BordalejoTimeline PhotosFor you, cat people. >Jeff — with Cynthia Tatter-TotMinion and Linda Brancaccio.
- Ancient Egypt World
- Technology- Taking over control of our lives
- El imperio persa
- Oriental Music and the 60s
- HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT as the current key-asset
- The obsession of amassing "friends" on Facebook
- Elie Saab: Social Media in Haute Couture's world
- El concepto de préstamo y otros términos interrelacionados
- May 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (2)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (95)
- November 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (15)
- May 2012 (124)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (38)
- February 2012 (7)
- December 2011 (93)
- November 2011 (85)
- July 2011 (10)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (10)
- December 2010 (132)
- November 2010 (37)
- October 2010 (1)
- 126,715 hits