Does Facebook have a future?
- Will Facebook continue growing? Or on the contrary, will it decay? Will people from the future still use Facebook or will they use another social networking? There are some people who put in doubt if Facebook will continue growing. Graham Cluley, (a senior technology consultant at Sophos), after analyzing a recent poll that was conducted by Abingdon, U.K.-based Sophos, confesses on his post that “faults in the privacy settings will lead people to remove themselves from Facebook”. In this poll they interviewed 1,600 Facebook users in order to know if people will remove away from Facebook due to privacy issues, as it can be seen in the picture. He also adds: “Some people may simply reduce the amount of data that they publish on the site rather than quit”.
Nevertheless, most of the experts agree that Facebook will continue growing and that it will become a very popular tool, more than even Google or MySpace. According to Adam Rifkin, a Silicon Valley veteran who organizes a networking group for entrepreneurial engineers called 106 Miles, “Facebook will be bigger in five years than Google is right now”. He wrote on his post that Facebook has already more page views than Google has and people already spend more time on Facebook than in Google, so with “bigger” he refers to the annual revenues. He suggests that Facebook’s annual revenues could double in 5 years.
John D. Sutter, CNN.com writer/producer, wrote on his post, that “Facebook is trying to turn the web into a big cocktail party” and he also wrote that Alain Chuard, co-founder of Wildfire, a promotions app and website that piggybacks on Facebook’s infrastructure, believes that Facebook will dominate the future web and he maintains that “Facebook it’s going to become the plumbing of the web”.
This is what experts say about it, but we can not certainly know what will happen with Facebook, we will have to wait and see what happens.
- Adam Rifkin: How Facebook can become bigger in five years than Google is today, (Oct 2, 2010) Consultation date: November 10, 2010 from <http://techcrunch.com/2010/10/02/facebook-bigger-google/>
- John D. Sutter, Will Facebook dominate the future web?, (April 22, 2010) Consultation date: November 10, 2010 from <http://scitech.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/22/will-facebook-dominate-the-future-web/>
- Graham Culey: 6o%of Facebook users consider quitting over privacy, (May 19 , 2010) Consultation date: November 10, 2010 from <http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2010/05/19/60-facebook-users-quitting-privacy/>
- Picture taken from: <http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2010/05/19/60-facebook-users-quitting-privacy/>
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Economy (16)
- Humanities (233)
- Languages (85)
- Online searchers (4)
- Uncategorized (114)
- Web Communication (343)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Quick blog post on how to sync your Goodreads to LibraryThing! May 10, 2013Quick blog post on how to sync your Goodreads to LibraryThing!Sync your Goodreads to LibraryThing « The LibraryThing Blogwww.librarything.comIf you’re signed into Goodreads an export file should download for you automatically; if it doesn’t, there are some fallback instructions on that page. Select the downloaded file using the “Choose File” button and click […]
- Great poster published by 1001 Reasons to learn Spanish #infoman1213 May 9, 2013Great poster published by 1001 Reasons to learn Spanish #infoman1213Timeline Photos¿Te gusta ir a clase de español? ¿Cómo son tus clases? ¿Son interesantes, divertidas...? ¿Son pesadas, aburridas...?
- [Vídeo] Genís Roca "Modelos de negocio que van a funcionar en Internet" http://w... May 7, 2013[Vídeo] Genís Roca "Modelos de negocio que van a funcionar en Internet" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTrpYhzi6PM #ForoTech2013 ForoTech 2013 - Sesión Inaugural. "Modelos de negocio que van a funcionar en Internet". Genís RocaEntre los días 12 y 19 de marzo de 2013 se celebró en la Universidad de Deusto ForoTech 2013 ( http://forotech.de […]
- Ancient Egypt World
- El imperio persa
- Elie Saab: Social Media in Haute Couture's world
- Technology- Taking over control of our lives
- Sare sozialak eta hauen arriskuak
- August 28th 1963, the day a dream was born
- Ruth Lea: Dos formas de entender el multiculturalismo
- "Clockwork Orange": Kubrick's full of surprises
- Multiculturalism in Thailand
- DANZAS VASCAS
- May 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (2)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (95)
- November 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (15)
- May 2012 (124)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (38)
- February 2012 (7)
- December 2011 (93)
- November 2011 (85)
- July 2011 (10)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (10)
- December 2010 (132)
- November 2010 (37)
- October 2010 (1)
- 93,174 hits