Does Facebook have a future?
- Will Facebook continue growing? Or on the contrary, will it decay? Will people from the future still use Facebook or will they use another social networking? There are some people who put in doubt if Facebook will continue growing. Graham Cluley, (a senior technology consultant at Sophos), after analyzing a recent poll that was conducted by Abingdon, U.K.-based Sophos, confesses on his post that “faults in the privacy settings will lead people to remove themselves from Facebook”. In this poll they interviewed 1,600 Facebook users in order to know if people will remove away from Facebook due to privacy issues, as it can be seen in the picture. He also adds: “Some people may simply reduce the amount of data that they publish on the site rather than quit”.
Nevertheless, most of the experts agree that Facebook will continue growing and that it will become a very popular tool, more than even Google or MySpace. According to Adam Rifkin, a Silicon Valley veteran who organizes a networking group for entrepreneurial engineers called 106 Miles, “Facebook will be bigger in five years than Google is right now”. He wrote on his post that Facebook has already more page views than Google has and people already spend more time on Facebook than in Google, so with “bigger” he refers to the annual revenues. He suggests that Facebook’s annual revenues could double in 5 years.
John D. Sutter, CNN.com writer/producer, wrote on his post, that “Facebook is trying to turn the web into a big cocktail party” and he also wrote that Alain Chuard, co-founder of Wildfire, a promotions app and website that piggybacks on Facebook’s infrastructure, believes that Facebook will dominate the future web and he maintains that “Facebook it’s going to become the plumbing of the web”.
This is what experts say about it, but we can not certainly know what will happen with Facebook, we will have to wait and see what happens.
- Adam Rifkin: How Facebook can become bigger in five years than Google is today, (Oct 2, 2010) Consultation date: November 10, 2010 from <http://techcrunch.com/2010/10/02/facebook-bigger-google/>
- John D. Sutter, Will Facebook dominate the future web?, (April 22, 2010) Consultation date: November 10, 2010 from <http://scitech.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/22/will-facebook-dominate-the-future-web/>
- Graham Culey: 6o%of Facebook users consider quitting over privacy, (May 19 , 2010) Consultation date: November 10, 2010 from <http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2010/05/19/60-facebook-users-quitting-privacy/>
- Picture taken from: <http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2010/05/19/60-facebook-users-quitting-privacy/>
- Economy (16)
- Humanities (233)
- Languages (85)
- Online searchers (4)
- Uncategorized (114)
- Web Communication (344)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Harry Verwayen: Europeana strategic plan Europeana aggregator May 30, 2014Harry Verwayen: Europeana strategic plan Europeana aggregatorEuropeana Strategic Plan Europeana Aggregator Forumwww.slideshare.netHarry Verwayen gives an overview of the strategic plan and ambitions of the Europeana Foundation going forward and the plans up to 2012.
- The German National Library has published all its authority data and around 70 p... May 20, 2014The German National Library has published all its authority data and around 70 per cent of its bibliographic data as #LODThe European Librarywww.theeuropeanlibrary.orgThe European Library is running an awareness campaign to promote LOD innovations in libraries across Europe. This case study is one of a series that highlights achievements of pioneering librar […]
- Cats - walking over your notebook since the 15th century, via Barbara Bordalejo May 17, 2014Cats - walking over your notebook since the 15th century, via Barbara BordalejoTimeline PhotosFor you, cat people. >Jeff — with Cynthia Tatter-TotMinion and Linda Brancaccio.
- Ancient Egypt World
- Monsters of the Sea
- Technology- Taking over control of our lives
- El imperio persa
- La literatura de viajes a través de los tiempos
- Harvard University´s Web Communication Plan
- "Clockwork Orange": Kubrick's full of surprises
- Oriental Music and the 60s
- Incorrecciones en la concordancia gramatical
- May 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (2)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (95)
- November 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (15)
- May 2012 (124)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (38)
- February 2012 (7)
- December 2011 (93)
- November 2011 (85)
- July 2011 (10)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (10)
- December 2010 (132)
- November 2010 (37)
- October 2010 (1)
- 126,660 hits