Does Facebook have a future?
- Will Facebook continue growing? Or on the contrary, will it decay? Will people from the future still use Facebook or will they use another social networking? There are some people who put in doubt if Facebook will continue growing. Graham Cluley, (a senior technology consultant at Sophos), after analyzing a recent poll that was conducted by Abingdon, U.K.-based Sophos, confesses on his post that “faults in the privacy settings will lead people to remove themselves from Facebook”. In this poll they interviewed 1,600 Facebook users in order to know if people will remove away from Facebook due to privacy issues, as it can be seen in the picture. He also adds: “Some people may simply reduce the amount of data that they publish on the site rather than quit”.
Nevertheless, most of the experts agree that Facebook will continue growing and that it will become a very popular tool, more than even Google or MySpace. According to Adam Rifkin, a Silicon Valley veteran who organizes a networking group for entrepreneurial engineers called 106 Miles, “Facebook will be bigger in five years than Google is right now”. He wrote on his post that Facebook has already more page views than Google has and people already spend more time on Facebook than in Google, so with “bigger” he refers to the annual revenues. He suggests that Facebook’s annual revenues could double in 5 years.
John D. Sutter, CNN.com writer/producer, wrote on his post, that “Facebook is trying to turn the web into a big cocktail party” and he also wrote that Alain Chuard, co-founder of Wildfire, a promotions app and website that piggybacks on Facebook’s infrastructure, believes that Facebook will dominate the future web and he maintains that “Facebook it’s going to become the plumbing of the web”.
This is what experts say about it, but we can not certainly know what will happen with Facebook, we will have to wait and see what happens.
- Adam Rifkin: How Facebook can become bigger in five years than Google is today, (Oct 2, 2010) Consultation date: November 10, 2010 from <http://techcrunch.com/2010/10/02/facebook-bigger-google/>
- John D. Sutter, Will Facebook dominate the future web?, (April 22, 2010) Consultation date: November 10, 2010 from <http://scitech.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/22/will-facebook-dominate-the-future-web/>
- Graham Culey: 6o%of Facebook users consider quitting over privacy, (May 19 , 2010) Consultation date: November 10, 2010 from <http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2010/05/19/60-facebook-users-quitting-privacy/>
- Picture taken from: <http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2010/05/19/60-facebook-users-quitting-privacy/>
- Economy (16)
- Humanities (233)
- Languages (85)
- Online searchers (4)
- Uncategorized (114)
- Web Communication (344)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- @Wuaki.tv Miles de películas y series al mejor precio sin permanencia February 26, 2014@Wuaki.tv Miles de películas y series al mejor precio sin permanenciaWuaki.tvwktv.coTe ofrecemos las mejores películas y series de televisión, estrenos de Hollywood, nacionales, el catálogo más extenso de cine y además, películas gratis. En tu ordenador o directamente en tu tablet, consola o Smart TV.
- This is what Facebook sees when you start a new relationship cc @MarketingSozial February 17, 2014This is what Facebook sees when you start a new relationship cc @MarketingSozialThe nature of online courtship, visualizedon.io9.comFacebook's Data Science team has published a thought provoking post that examines the statistical correlation between couples' timeline posts and their burgeoning relationships.
- El agregador bibliográfico @Dialnet renueva su interfaz de búsqueda January 31, 2014El agregador bibliográfico @Dialnet renueva su interfaz de búsquedaDialnet estrena buscador documental - Dialnetdialnet.unirioja.esLa principal novedad es la introducción de una serie de filtros que permiten al usuario ir acotando su búsqueda inicial hasta encontrar los resultados deseados. Con la implantación de este sistema de búsqueda, que ya funcionaba p […]
- Ancient Egypt World
- Technology- Taking over control of our lives
- "Clockwork Orange": Kubrick's full of surprises
- Multiculturalism in Thailand
- El imperio persa
- ¿Pueden las redes sociales hacer algo para ayudarnos a salir de la "crisis"?
- Oriental Music and the 60s
- Semantic Network according to John F. Sowa
- The key to the future: social networks and global communication
- May 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (2)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (95)
- November 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (15)
- May 2012 (124)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (38)
- February 2012 (7)
- December 2011 (93)
- November 2011 (85)
- July 2011 (10)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (10)
- December 2010 (132)
- November 2010 (37)
- October 2010 (1)
- 118,609 hits