What is the difference between networks, groups and pages?
Zuckerberg said that Facebook Groups
has been one of our fastest growing products ever”
But what is the main difference between networks, groups and pages?
We can compare networks wit h big cities because many different peopl e can live in it, however, the only thing that these inhabitants have in common is the supposed “city”
In the second place the groups are formed by people wh o h ad things in common, they take part in these groups to share they’re interests with people with the same interests. In this virtual area members connect, share, collaborate on a given topic or idea.Facebook groups can be created by anyone. They include a display picture, description, contact informa tion, photo and video albums, “Posted Items,” discu ssion board and a “Wall.”
Finally pages can also be created by ANYONE, but if you go on to create your “Brock University” Facebook Page and you find out that someone else already has created a page called “Brock University,” Facebook promises to determine who actually represents the institution and delete all other pages that are not official.The aim of a page is to share information they do not have an “Email” field, Facebook users therefore have no pathway to communicate privately with the emissary. They can post public discussion threads, or post on the Wall — but they cannot send private messages directly to the institution. Facebook Groups, on the other hand, do include a hyperlinked email field. However, is useful for entities, public figures, companies and organizations to broadcast information to their fans.
Summing up their all are good alternative tools to emails for web communication but the aim of each one is different .
- Facebook Group vs Facebook Page(2010,August 23) In Diffen: Compare, contrast and find the difference between any two things. Retrieved:27 september 2010. From: http://www.diffen.com/difference/Facebook_Group_vs_Facebook_Page
- Facebook Finally Welcomes Schools, Bands And Companies (2008,03,20). In Academica group inc:Innovation for Higher Education. Retrieved, September 28, 2010, from: http://www.academica.ca/social_media
- Zuckerberg: Facebook Groups Is One of Our Fastest Growing Products(2010/11/16)Oliver Chiang. In Forbes blog.Retrieved, November 19, 2010, from:http://blogs.forbes.com/oliverchiang/2010/11/16/zuckerberg-facebook-groups-is-one-of-our-fastest-growing-products/
- Economy (16)
- Humanities (233)
- Languages (85)
- Online searchers (4)
- Uncategorized (114)
- Web Communication (344)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Harry Verwayen: Europeana strategic plan Europeana aggregator May 30, 2014Harry Verwayen: Europeana strategic plan Europeana aggregatorEuropeana Strategic Plan Europeana Aggregator Forumwww.slideshare.netHarry Verwayen gives an overview of the strategic plan and ambitions of the Europeana Foundation going forward and the plans up to 2012.
- The German National Library has published all its authority data and around 70 p... May 20, 2014The German National Library has published all its authority data and around 70 per cent of its bibliographic data as #LODThe European Librarywww.theeuropeanlibrary.orgThe European Library is running an awareness campaign to promote LOD innovations in libraries across Europe. This case study is one of a series that highlights achievements of pioneering librar […]
- Cats - walking over your notebook since the 15th century, via Barbara Bordalejo May 17, 2014Cats - walking over your notebook since the 15th century, via Barbara BordalejoTimeline PhotosFor you, cat people. >Jeff — with Cynthia Tatter-TotMinion and Linda Brancaccio.
- Ancient Egypt World
- El imperio persa
- Monsters of the Sea
- DANZAS VASCAS
- Technology- Taking over control of our lives
- La literatura de viajes a través de los tiempos
- "Clockwork Orange": Kubrick's full of surprises
- El francés, una lengua que se habla en los cinco continentes
- The fall of Constantinople
- Do people with more than 1,000 Facebook friends have more than 1,000 real friends?
- May 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (2)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (95)
- November 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (15)
- May 2012 (124)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (38)
- February 2012 (7)
- December 2011 (93)
- November 2011 (85)
- July 2011 (10)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (10)
- December 2010 (132)
- November 2010 (37)
- October 2010 (1)
- 126,901 hits