What is the difference between networks, groups and pages?
Zuckerberg said that Facebook Groups
has been one of our fastest growing products ever”
But what is the main difference between networks, groups and pages?
We can compare networks wit h big cities because many different peopl e can live in it, however, the only thing that these inhabitants have in common is the supposed “city”
In the second place the groups are formed by people wh o h ad things in common, they take part in these groups to share they’re interests with people with the same interests. In this virtual area members connect, share, collaborate on a given topic or idea.Facebook groups can be created by anyone. They include a display picture, description, contact informa tion, photo and video albums, “Posted Items,” discu ssion board and a “Wall.”
Finally pages can also be created by ANYONE, but if you go on to create your “Brock University” Facebook Page and you find out that someone else already has created a page called “Brock University,” Facebook promises to determine who actually represents the institution and delete all other pages that are not official.The aim of a page is to share information they do not have an “Email” field, Facebook users therefore have no pathway to communicate privately with the emissary. They can post public discussion threads, or post on the Wall — but they cannot send private messages directly to the institution. Facebook Groups, on the other hand, do include a hyperlinked email field. However, is useful for entities, public figures, companies and organizations to broadcast information to their fans.
Summing up their all are good alternative tools to emails for web communication but the aim of each one is different .
- Facebook Group vs Facebook Page(2010,August 23) In Diffen: Compare, contrast and find the difference between any two things. Retrieved:27 september 2010. From: http://www.diffen.com/difference/Facebook_Group_vs_Facebook_Page
- Facebook Finally Welcomes Schools, Bands And Companies (2008,03,20). In Academica group inc:Innovation for Higher Education. Retrieved, September 28, 2010, from: http://www.academica.ca/social_media
- Zuckerberg: Facebook Groups Is One of Our Fastest Growing Products(2010/11/16)Oliver Chiang. In Forbes blog.Retrieved, November 19, 2010, from:http://blogs.forbes.com/oliverchiang/2010/11/16/zuckerberg-facebook-groups-is-one-of-our-fastest-growing-products/
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Economy (16)
- Humanities (233)
- Languages (85)
- Online searchers (4)
- Uncategorized (114)
- Web Communication (343)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- WillyRex, un youtuber de Madrid que hace 42.000 euros mensuales con sus dos cana... May 21, 2013WillyRex, un youtuber de Madrid que hace 42.000 euros mensuales con sus dos canales de youtube: http://thewarder.com/noticias/youtube/youtubers/ganancias-10-youtubers-importantes via @Alianzo¡Exclusiva! ¿Cuanto ganan los 10 youtubers más grandes?thewarder.comLista de los 10 youtubers españoles con más ganancias
- Quick blog post on how to sync your Goodreads to LibraryThing! May 10, 2013Quick blog post on how to sync your Goodreads to LibraryThing!Sync your Goodreads to LibraryThing « The LibraryThing Blogwww.librarything.comIf you’re signed into Goodreads an export file should download for you automatically; if it doesn’t, there are some fallback instructions on that page. Select the downloaded file using the “Choose File” button and click […]
- Great poster published by 1001 Reasons to learn Spanish #infoman1213 May 9, 2013Great poster published by 1001 Reasons to learn Spanish #infoman1213Timeline Photos¿Te gusta ir a clase de español? ¿Cómo son tus clases? ¿Son interesantes, divertidas...? ¿Son pesadas, aburridas...?
- May 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (2)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (95)
- November 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (15)
- May 2012 (124)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (38)
- February 2012 (7)
- December 2011 (93)
- November 2011 (85)
- July 2011 (10)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (10)
- December 2010 (132)
- November 2010 (37)
- October 2010 (1)
- 93,356 hits