What is the difference between networks, groups and pages?
Zuckerberg said that Facebook Groups
has been one of our fastest growing products ever”
But what is the main difference between networks, groups and pages?
We can compare networks wit h big cities because many different peopl e can live in it, however, the only thing that these inhabitants have in common is the supposed “city”
In the second place the groups are formed by people wh o h ad things in common, they take part in these groups to share they’re interests with people with the same interests. In this virtual area members connect, share, collaborate on a given topic or idea.Facebook groups can be created by anyone. They include a display picture, description, contact informa tion, photo and video albums, “Posted Items,” discu ssion board and a “Wall.”
Finally pages can also be created by ANYONE, but if you go on to create your “Brock University” Facebook Page and you find out that someone else already has created a page called “Brock University,” Facebook promises to determine who actually represents the institution and delete all other pages that are not official.The aim of a page is to share information they do not have an “Email” field, Facebook users therefore have no pathway to communicate privately with the emissary. They can post public discussion threads, or post on the Wall — but they cannot send private messages directly to the institution. Facebook Groups, on the other hand, do include a hyperlinked email field. However, is useful for entities, public figures, companies and organizations to broadcast information to their fans.
Summing up their all are good alternative tools to emails for web communication but the aim of each one is different .
- Facebook Group vs Facebook Page(2010,August 23) In Diffen: Compare, contrast and find the difference between any two things. Retrieved:27 september 2010. From: http://www.diffen.com/difference/Facebook_Group_vs_Facebook_Page
- Facebook Finally Welcomes Schools, Bands And Companies (2008,03,20). In Academica group inc:Innovation for Higher Education. Retrieved, September 28, 2010, from: http://www.academica.ca/social_media
- Zuckerberg: Facebook Groups Is One of Our Fastest Growing Products(2010/11/16)Oliver Chiang. In Forbes blog.Retrieved, November 19, 2010, from:http://blogs.forbes.com/oliverchiang/2010/11/16/zuckerberg-facebook-groups-is-one-of-our-fastest-growing-products/
- Economy (16)
- Humanities (233)
- Languages (85)
- Online searchers (4)
- Uncategorized (114)
- Web Communication (344)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- @Wuaki.tv Miles de películas y series al mejor precio sin permanencia February 26, 2014@Wuaki.tv Miles de películas y series al mejor precio sin permanenciaWuaki.tvwktv.coTe ofrecemos las mejores películas y series de televisión, estrenos de Hollywood, nacionales, el catálogo más extenso de cine y además, películas gratis. En tu ordenador o directamente en tu tablet, consola o Smart TV.
- This is what Facebook sees when you start a new relationship cc @MarketingSozial February 17, 2014This is what Facebook sees when you start a new relationship cc @MarketingSozialThe nature of online courtship, visualizedon.io9.comFacebook's Data Science team has published a thought provoking post that examines the statistical correlation between couples' timeline posts and their burgeoning relationships.
- El agregador bibliográfico @Dialnet renueva su interfaz de búsqueda January 31, 2014El agregador bibliográfico @Dialnet renueva su interfaz de búsquedaDialnet estrena buscador documental - Dialnetdialnet.unirioja.esLa principal novedad es la introducción de una serie de filtros que permiten al usuario ir acotando su búsqueda inicial hasta encontrar los resultados deseados. Con la implantación de este sistema de búsqueda, que ya funcionaba p […]
- The truth is out there on the net
- Technology- Taking over control of our lives
- Ancient Egypt World
- El imperio persa
- Multiculturalism in Thailand
- Semantic Network according to John F. Sowa
- "Clockwork Orange": Kubrick's full of surprises
- "Globalization is a fact of economic life" Carlos Salinas de Gortari
- USSR vs USA: competition for supremacy in space exploration
- May 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (2)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (95)
- November 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (15)
- May 2012 (124)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (38)
- February 2012 (7)
- December 2011 (93)
- November 2011 (85)
- July 2011 (10)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (2)
- April 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (10)
- December 2010 (132)
- November 2010 (37)
- October 2010 (1)
- 118,696 hits